[LAU] Open Audio Programming Tutorials

renato rennabh at gmail.com
Sat May 5 10:05:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, 4 May 2012 18:07:16 +0100
Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> After some very inspiring conversations at the LAC, I have decided to
> renew the efforts to document linux audio programming for beginners.
> I feel that although there's a lot of really useful tutorials out
> there, but there's still a lack of easy accessible introductory audio
> programming. Particularly topics such as threading, and thread
> synchronization are particularly difficult to learn, or even find
> relevant, easy to read code about.
>
> Announcing: Open Audio Programming Tutorials!
> This is a documentation effort, not of any particular library or
> tool, just "Linux Audio Programming" in general. Feel free to check
> the code posted, feedback on it, fork it and send me merge requests,
> whatever :)
>
> Currently there's 6 different tutorials, all C++ with GTKmm for user
> interfaces. Intentions are to add more as time permits!
> -Harry
>
> PS: Sending to Linux-Audio-User list in case there's people who want
> to try start programming, but haven't subscribed to the
> Linux-Audio-Developers list (yet). Replies to Linux-Audio-Developers
> please :)

Hi Harry, I think this documentation effort is something very nice and
useful.

May I ask, for curiosity, what is a pure data host? Does it permit you
to execute patches written in pd? (Maybe the README could have a line
or two explaining what should the target app of the tutorial do...)

cheers,
renato