[LAU] Mission Statement

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon May 14 08:31:27 UTC 2012

On 05/14/2012 04:59 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> This list is for discussion. If someone thinks that it's worthwhile to
> start a thread about a mission statement what is the problem?

Yes, no problem. J. Liles contributed to the discussion.

>> There is no master plan. There is no mission statement.
>
> Maybe it's that way for you but it's not that way for everyone.

All talk of what should be done, coming from people not know to have
done much or anything relevant, is likely to sound
*fill-in-something-not-nice* to those people who invested serious effort
in something that is relevant.

There is no and will not be a master plan for the linux audio
"community", because the motivations, interests and opinions vary too much.

> My best estimate is there are at least 10,000 active contributing members
> of the global Linux Audio community.

Contributing what?

> If that was a company then we would be a decent sized organisation and
> bringing in at least a billion dollars a year.

Your 10000 suddenly are organized full-time workers?

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/