[LAU] qjackctl freeze badly with lucid rt kernel 2.6.33-8

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Tue May 15 22:39:03 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I'm on Lucid 10.04.
I installed the rt kernel 2.6.33-8 from here [1], because the new nvidia
driver doesn't like the rt 2.6.31.

Now, with the new rt kernel qjackctl starts fine, then the gui crashes
after about 1 minute, and qjackctl.bin freeze in the background.
Then I have to shut down my machine pressing the halt button, because
everything is frozen (cannot launch a terminal, nor type in it if it's
open).
It happened 7 times over 7 trials.

This makes it unusable. And I need the new kernel to do audiovideo stuff
with my nvidia card.

Any hint?

I read that this kernel has some problems with PulseAudio, but I don't know
if this could relate to qjack.
many thanks in advance!

[1] https://launchpad.net/~bojo42/+archive/rt

--
Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.