[LAU] studioware equivalent for ardour or rosegarden on linux

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed May 16 04:21:34 UTC 2012

hi all,
i'm wondering if anyone can help me with some software i am looking for.

i recall some years back, when i was using cakewalk/sonar in the late
90s/early 00s, a facility called studioware which allowed me to
control a hardware synthesiser from within cakewalk. this was driven
by files which one could load, which then represented each of the
functions of a midi-connected hardware synthesiser/sampler/fx unit by
an on-screen button, slider, dial, etc.

a large number of the various hardware synthesisers available at the
time had a studioware panel defined for them, and there was several
repositories of these files, where users shared these files - they
were fairly simple to create, some versions of cakewalk/sonar software
included a design environment.

is there a similar facility, maybe as a plugin, available for any
linux DAW software, e.g. rosegarden/ardour? i have a couple of fairly
complicated hardware synths i'd like to control, and the tiny screen
and two physical knobs they provide are not conducive to in-depth
editing.

cheers,

--
robin