[LAU] USB audio interfaces >= 8 channels

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed May 16 09:28:02 UTC 2012

On 05/15/2012 10:16 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

>> I'd guess modern USB audio chips are class compliant by default, which
>> means that PreSonis couldn't avoid being Linux compatible.  ;-)

LOL. Hopefully we'll see more compliant interfaces, then.
Either way, I applaud Presonus to pull this off.
Short of buying one of Nando's Mamba Digital Snakes[1], the 1818VSL is a
great addition to Linux Audio compatible hardware pool. The price is
right, too.

[1] http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2012/program/19

> sadly, this is not:
> http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/hires/Nucleus_overhead_large.jpg
>
> despite being pretty new and only handling 4 channels

http://www.solidstatelogic.com/music/nucleus announces:
"Compatible with [..], [..], [../..] and all major DAW applications."
It's not compatible with Ardour and Mixbus, which are certainly major
DAW applications :-) Booo.