[LAU] USB audio interfaces >= 8 channels

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed May 16 14:14:04 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:

> > sadly, this is not:
> > http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/hires/Nucleus_overhead_large.jpg
> >
> > despite being pretty new and only handling 4 channels
>
> http://www.solidstatelogic.com/music/nucleus announces:
> "Compatible with [..], [..], [../..] and all major DAW applications."
> It's not compatible with Ardour and Mixbus, which are certainly major
> DAW applications :-) Booo.

No, no, their point is about the fact that it uses Mackie Control Protocol.
Thanks to SSL I have totally revamped Ardour3's Mackie support and the
surface itself works very, very, very nicely (especially with a direct
ipMIDI connection into Ardour3's own ipMIDI support).

What's a shame (and what makes the purchase price even more absurd for
Linux users) is that they used a proprietary USB audio stack. I'm trying to
see if I can wedge it open with some gentle banter :)