[LAU] doubt about jack client names with PID as suffix

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Wed May 30 04:18:33 UTC 2012

Hi,
Does anyone knows if there is a reason, except for the concern of a unique
name per client, for jack clients to use the PID as suffix for the client
name instead of simply allows the user to name it through the command line?
As mentioned in [1], if we use, per example, qjackctl as front end for
jackd and save the session, the next day you cannot load the same
connections because the PIDs had changed. I think it would be better if we
could name the clients ourselves.

[1]
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2009-December/026175.html

The email referenced in [1] was not solved, so I don't know if we do have
an answer for that question by now.

Cheers,
--
Marcel Bonnet