[LAU] What professional PCIe audio cards do work with Linux?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Nov 12 07:41:32 UTC 2012

@ Rivera: I don't trust lists anymore ;).
@ Mike:   I already tested several Linux, but I'll test some live CDs
          too.

On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 01:47 -0500, Tim E. Real wrote:
> On November 11, 2012 01:42:58 PM christian bunge wrote:
> > I work with sta DSP2000 C-Port from Hoontech.
>
> Pardon me, we're discussing this product in another thread.
>
> The converters are in a separate rack, right?
>
> Can you tell me if ALSA gives you the ADC/DAC controls
>  for the converters?
> ie running amixer shows some ADC/DAC controls?
>
> What mixer are you using?
> A user has the AKxxx drivers loaded but Envy24control and Mudita24
>  aren't showing the ADC/DAC controls because ALSA doesn't seem
>  to be providing them for him.

Hi Tim :)

the RME card has it's own mixer GUI hdspmixer. All ADAT channels are
present there. If I connect a mic to ADAT 9, hdspmixer does show the
audio signal.
Analog 1 and 2 are capture and playback 1 and 2, ADAT 1 and 2 are
capture and playback 7 and 8. Capture and playback 9 to 14 should be
ADAT 2 to 8, but those ports are dead.

The input of ADAT 1 can be heard at output ADAT 1 the input of ADAT 8
can be heard at the output of ADAT 1 and ADAT 8, but ADAT 8 isn't routed
to a capture port.

What ever box I check or uncheck, what ever fader I use, it doesn't
change.

FWIW it's known that hdspconf can't be opened when using my card, but I
can use alsamixer instead. alsactl can not store. alsamixer doesn't
provide all mixer abilities hdspmixer does provide.

Regards,
Ralf