[LAU] CM6206 S/PDIF JACK input

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Nov 13 22:46:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, November 13, 2012 6:42 am, Dan MacDonald wrote:

> As I think I've already stated, I have zero experience with using SPDIF
> under Linux or any other OS so I don't know the snags and pitfalls. Could
> the fact that I was using a (44.1K) CD stream as input been a prob as JACK
> was running at 48K? I also had the mic, line in and SPDIF all enabled for
> capture so another thing I'll have to try later is only having SPDIF
> capture enabled.

Jack doesn't really run at a sample rate apart from the card. Jack will
set the sound card at start up, but if the cards rate is changed by
someone else, (an application or a spdif input) Jack just seems to follow
along at that rate. That being said, if the card is set to 48K and spdif
input is 44.1k _some_ cards won't work. Mine will lock the whole card to
spdif, but some will not and may just not accept the input or you may have
pops and clicks as I do when I try to input from my netbook mic (48K only
device) at 44.1k.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net