[LAU] CM6206 S/PDIF JACK input

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 14:42:12 UTC 2012

Hi Len!

Clemens has just pointed out to me on the ALSA dev list, as you had rightly
guessed, that all my devices inputs get routed through its single pair of
stereo capture ports according to its datasheet.

I did have a quick go at recording from these inputs when I had the spdif
input connected to my CD player but no dice. I was using a CDR as source so
copy protection wasn't an issue.

As I think I've already stated, I have zero experience with using SPDIF
under Linux or any other OS so I don't know the snags and pitfalls. Could
the fact that I was using a (44.1K) CD stream as input been a prob as JACK
was running at 48K? I also had the mic, line in and SPDIF all enabled for
capture so another thing I'll have to try later is only having SPDIF
capture enabled.

Thanks for your help!