[LAU] Statement from RME regarding to Linux

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:13:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>> So hey, what's wrong with that logic? :)
>>
>> RME could help ALSA coders

How exactly? What kind of help was requested? What answers were given?

>, since RME seems to be a little bit
>> interested in the Linux market. IIUC they seem to like it, that unpaid
>> coders are writing drivers and they only need to sell their products,
>> but they aren' interested to help. This policy is high-grade
>> unethical.

High-grade unethical? Only if you tend to overreact.

Perhaps you are not seeing things as an entrepreneur? Maybe you could
try to think in terms of ROI? Could it be that the amount of sales
they get doesn't cover expenses for R&D and support?

You might as well blame Adobe for not supporting people who run
Photoshop via WINE. But I digress.

Personally, I own a Focusrite device for which I don't have an
official technical support either. In the few cases I had to contact
the support service, they were most helpful, as much as they could. I
don't have a problem with that, but then maybe I'm just not looking
for offences?

>> I don't understand how this makes you ":)".

Yes, you don't understand that. And that's perfectly fine with me :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org