[LAU] Portable/Touch devices Linux-friendly

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Nov 29 10:03:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, November 29, 2012 8:16 pm, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
> Hello dear all.
>
> I'm thinking about purchasing some device that is portable, better if
> it has a touch screen.
> I would love your opinion and maybe know about some devices I'm not
> aware yet that are Linux-friendly or have standard components.

Wait a few more months. Asus are going head to head with Sony for the
largest touchscreen PC/Tablet and they are going to make it x86... There
will be more of these devices arriving in the next two quarters now that
the hype over Windows 8 has started to subside and the manufacturers
realise they can't ignore Linux solutions.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd