[LAU] question about qjackctl explicitly setting the wm class name

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Fri Nov 30 16:17:26 UTC 2012

Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> writes:

> is there a way to explicitly set the window class name in qt [...] and
> if so, would it be possible to add this to the future releases of
> qjackctl?

Qt sets the class name to argv[0] by default -- so qjackctl should
already have its class set sensibly (or semi-sensibly -- it's called
qjackctl.real on Debian because there's a wrapper script that runs
qjackctl; Ubuntu may have the same thing).

You can use xprop to see what the class has been set to: run xprop,
click on the qjackctl window, and look for WM_CLASS in the output.
I'd be a bit surprised if it's not getting set at all, but maybe it's
set to something unusual, or Unity's doing something more magical than
you think...

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>