[LAU] How to use zita-ajbridge?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Oct 2 11:06:13 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:23 AM, Simon Wise <simonzwise at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/10/12 16:50, Grant wrote:
>
>  Is there a Mac or Windoze Jack plugin that works like ALSA's above?
>> It's not for me I swear.
>>

> On OSX jack and core-audio play well together, or rather did some years
> ago when I used OSX a lot for this kind of thing. Any mac audio app should
> be able to use core audio, and you should be able to achieve the
> connections you want.

absolutely correct, right up to OS X Mountain Lion which has started to
feature "sandboxing" of certain applications. Many/most OS X audio apps can
still talk to JACK, but there are a few (e.g. quicktime player) which no
longer will. Expect this situation to get worse (and then be pleasantly
surprised if it does not).

grant - its very, very confusing that you started out asking about bridging
between ALSA and JACK and then switched to a question about iTunes.