[LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:33:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

In the background there is pretty some progress imo:

- LV2 vs 1.0
- release of Non-Session-Manager
- Ardour 3 latest beta

On the other hand progress from a user pov doesn't seem to be very fast.
We're waiting on the strikers who score the goals probably. Ardour 3 is
still beta, LV2 vs 1.0 didn't give rise to a lot of new plugins yet
(afaik) and only a few developers added NSM support.

I would like to see nsm support being added to Jalv, that would improve
the situation for me personally already quite a bit. All though I
reported some feature requests, I wouldn't be surprised if it still
isn't there in 2014.

I'll find my way, but all though there are quite some potential
developments as listed, I can't say I'm very positive about the actual
progress for the linuxaudio user.

\r