[LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:25:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>> Because, you know, all I hear is that evil media is so very evil. And
>> for some reason which I can't really explain it sounds a bagload of
>> excuses to me.
>
> People gave up on bothering years ago when they realised that it was a
> pointless battle.

OK, I think there's just one way to prove you wrong.

>> Besides, what is it exactly that you want to promote? :)
>
> Linux as a platform for Multimedia production. Is that a problem?

Let me think. Yes, I think it is :)

Since you are in marketing, you should very well know that a landing
page is something that has a call to action button.

What will be the call to action button, Patrick? Where will it lead?
How will you handle "shut up and take my money" impulses?

>>> Having some killer content won't go amiss either.
>>
>> I truly admire your priorities :)
>
> If you have something better to offer put it on the table.

Publishing awesome inspiring content is what I'd do. In fact it's what
I already do, just in my primary field. Because, you see, I don't
believe in a thousand of people pointing their little fluffy blogs at
a content that few people deeply care about. We've been there already.
It doesn't work all that well.

People want to be inspired. In terms of audio that would be great
composition and arrangement, fat and rich sound, professional mixing
and mastering. Oh, and "I didn't spend half of my lifetime on that"
label. That would get attention. Can you provide that? Will you be
able to support the interest?

See? It's not that I'm against fixing the crap. I'd just hate to see a
lot of efforts spent for no real benefit.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org