[LAU] SEO [was: Re: [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?]

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:48:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>> Oh for god's sake. Inbound links are the past of search engines marketing.
>
> Where do you get that idea? Has the web suddenly stopped using hyper links?

I don't know where you spent last 4-5 years, but search engines have
changed a lot since then.

> Page rank in primarily built on two things, Unique content and referring
> links.

What can I say? Welcome to the XXI century, Patrick :)

Modern search engines rely on tons of criteria to evaluate and
reevaluate quality of pages. The weight of inbound links in the mix
dramatically dropped in last few years. Having a bunch of inlinks
(even from fat domains) and unique content simply doesn't cut the
mustard today, though it helps.

You need to take care of usability.
You need to make sure you don't have duplicated content across pages.
You need to keep publishing new stuff all the time.

And the list goes on.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org