[LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Oct 10 22:10:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:

> For some reason I was under impression that Ardour wrote absolute
> paths to the project files. I guess it was because whenever I tried
> opening projects that I relocated from another different machine with
> a different username, I had to go though the aforementioned dialog to
> point A3 to the files.
>
> only true if they are embedded. ardour's own recorded audio (and MIDI) and
imported (*not* embedded) audio (and MIDI) are all stored and referenced
relative to the session folder.

we do probably need something like LibreOffice Impress's "Break Links"
feature for images, which converts "embedded" data into stuff that is
actually in the project (in my case, an Impress presentation went from
152kB to 350MB!! :))