[LAU] [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed Oct 10 23:46:58 UTC 2012

On 10/11/2012 01:33 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> i agree with a number of your critiques of patrick's approach, but i don't
>> think that criticisms based on the content or design of a web page are
>> anywhere nearly as important as the *potential* content.
>>
>> that's what is missing, for certain categories of musicians, etc.
>
> Speaking of which, you never replied, what kind of (missing for Linux)
> software composers use to create quick soundtracks for TV commissions
> :)
>
> And btw I'm quite concerned about *potential* content.  Or, to phrase
> it better, I'm concerned about the ability of the community to
> continuously raise the overall quality bar.

it sounds a bit lame to say i would do something about it if i only had
the time, but it irks me something awful that all the blender movies
still had their sound done on commercial proprietary audio systems.

i'm pretty sure with two or three people ganging up on this, we could
come up with a kick-ass movie sound design. and in decent surround, too :)

maybe for their next movie in 2013... if anyone plans to make a move,
let me know - with half a year of advance notice, i could probably find
time to join.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net