[LAU] bristol and midi

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 14 07:36:42 UTC 2012

> You wouldn't happen to know, Andrew, if these connections can be stored?  It would be > easiest, if i'm ever in a live situation, to be able to call up the b3 without remapping all > the midi assignments.  i'm always a little nervous asking these things, though.  If the > only solution is to write the code, i wouldn't know how to do it.
There is a MIDI mapping file for each emulator, the settings are global to all of its memoriesand it is saved every time you save a memory. The settings are reloaded when the synthrestarts so if you set up the drawbar mappings for your MIDI controller and save that memoryyou will have them active next time you start the organ.
If you have a complex set of options that you have to give on the commandline when you start bristol then you can put them in your ${HOME}/.bristol/bristolrc file. The README explains some of that but if you can't find the README file then post a reply here and I can give you some examples of the contents of this file too.

Regards, nick.