[LAU] usb midi keyboard not working when laptop on battery

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:44:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Atte André Jensen <atte at email.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I recently reverted from arch to ubuntu, and somewhere in that process my
> laptop stopped working with my usb keyboards (I have four, I didn't try all
> combinations, though) when my laptop is on battery.

Check your power settings (via XFCE or Gnome or whatever), the USB
ports may not be getting powered if you have 'prefer power savings
over performance'. There are also ways to tweak USB port power
settings:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7536984_configure-power-usb-ubuntu.html

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com