[LAU] usb midi keyboard not working when laptop on battery

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Tue Oct 23 20:38:53 UTC 2012

On 10/23/2012 08:44 PM, Brett McCoy wrote:

> Check your power settings (via XFCE or Gnome or whatever), the USB
> ports may not be getting powered if you have 'prefer power savings
> over performance'.

That started me off in the right direction. Removing laptop-mode-tools
did the trick, now I can see the notes in gmidimonitor!!!

Qjackctl is still dying when I hit the first note, not sure if it's
related. No matter what, I'm gonna test some more, and post the findings
back here.

Thanks for the input!

--
Atte