[LAU] Fairlight

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Oct 25 00:12:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, October 25, 2012 10:36 am, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> There's no way to know, but its entirely possible that there isn't a
>> single
>> modified line of any GPL'ed code anywhere in their system.
>
> Exactly. We simply have no idea what's inside.

Perhaps some of us do...

> Hence starting the
> discussion with an assumption that they have any obligations is just
> boring fanboyism.

They do have obligations to the GPL and IMO informing them officially of
that while also offering to provide assistance if they have any questions
is a positive thing to do.

In addition the opportunity for companies that use Linux Audio software
and open source for their hardware solutions to feedback their advances to
the wider community is a solid goal to aim for.

> Patrick, please take your belligerent attitude elsewhere.

If you don't like the way I come across you are under no obligation to
read my posts.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd