[LAU] Solution for jackd2 and dbus without X session

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Thu Oct 25 09:26:22 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 09:15 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 04:37 PM, Mark Kendrick wrote:
>> Are you logged in under a different user?
>
> Yup. When it worked I was probably logged in as root.
>
>   Those lines only grant
>> access to the root user. I'd suggest you check to be sure they still
>> refer to the same device name, and that they match the user you're
>> logged in as. Also make sure to restart the dbus service after your
>> changes.
>>

> systemctl restart dbus.service I assume? This is the first time I have
> to deal with systemd.
> /etc looks so.... empty now without init.d :(
>
> Jeremy
>
>> Someone who knows dbus better than I could probably recommend a better
>> place to put the permission changes. Might need to do some research on
>> that.
>>
>> --Mark

It sort of works with my Edirol UA-25, but not with the onboard card.
With the onboard card I get the mmap error while I'm almost sure I got
it to work before I re-dd'd my SD card. I was probably using the dummy
driver before.
With my UA-25 JACK starts and then the leds go out on my UA-25 and JACK
goes ballistic. Probably a power issue, I'll try with a powered USB hub.

Jeremy