[LAU] Solution for jackd2 and dbus without X session

Jannis Achstetter jannis_achstetter at web.de
Thu Oct 25 09:53:34 UTC 2012

Am 25.10.2012 11:26, schrieb Jeremy Jongepier:
> On 10/24/2012 09:15 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> On 10/24/2012 04:37 PM, Mark Kendrick wrote:
>>> Are you logged in under a different user?
>>
>> Yup. When it worked I was probably logged in as root.
>>
>>   Those lines only grant
>>> access to the root user. I'd suggest you check to be sure they still
>>> refer to the same device name, and that they match the user you're
>>> logged in as. Also make sure to restart the dbus service after your
>>> changes.
>>>

>> systemctl restart dbus.service I assume? This is the first time I have
>> to deal with systemd.
>> /etc looks so.... empty now without init.d :(
>>
>> Jeremy
>>
>>> Someone who knows dbus better than I could probably recommend a better
>>> place to put the permission changes. Might need to do some research on
>>> that.
>>>
>>> --Mark
>>

> It sort of works with my Edirol UA-25, but not with the onboard card.
> With the onboard card I get the mmap error while I'm almost sure I got
> it to work before I re-dd'd my SD card. I was probably using the dummy
> driver before.
> With my UA-25 JACK starts and then the leds go out on my UA-25 and JACK
> goes ballistic. Probably a power issue, I'll try with a powered USB hub.

On my Raspberry-Pi I use the dummy-driver and then alsa_out to get the
sound to the onboard sound chip (as posted here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=196500#p196500 and
here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=197194#p197194 )

However, I can't get my Edirol/Cakewalk UA-101 to work with the Pi but
I'm sure it's not related to power. I guess it's the Pi's USB host-chip
or its driver which seems to have problem with other devices (mostly DVB
stuff), too. Isochronous transfers (as used by most "professional" USB
audio interfaces) seem to be pretty hard for the Pi :(

	Jannis