[LAU] CALL FOR MUSICIANS / Beast 0.7.6 release

Tim Janik timj at gnu.org
Thu Oct 25 12:02:47 UTC 2012

On 25.10.2012 12:44, Dan MacDonald wrote:
> Hi Tim!
>
> Nice to see you're still working on the BEAST - I plan to try this
> latest release shortly.

Great to hear.

> Just from looking at the screenshots, which may be out of date now, my
> guess is beast doesn't let you draw lines or curves in the MIDI
> controller section of the piano roll window? If this feature is
> missing, is it planned for a future release?

Beast has a line-drawing tool to adjust MIDI controllers. It's only
aligning existing MIDI events though, so you'll have to add some
manually first.

We're open to improvement suggestions of course, also UI wise ;)

> Also, what are your thoughts on LV2 and VST plugin support?

LV1 is supported, and we'd definitely take patches for LV2.

For VST, I'm not really aware of FLOSS plugins using it, so I'm not sure
it'd be easy to find someone wanting to implement it.

--
Yours sincerely,
Tim Janik

---