[LAU] Gleshnor

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Oct 29 10:53:13 UTC 2012

Hi!

http://archive.org/download/Gleshnor/thorwil__gleshnor.ogg

Sugar-coated electronic rasp. Conjured up the image of a dancing, pink
dridder-lady: http://thorwil.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/driddee.jpg,
even though I would create much different music given that picture, first.

This project started as a test of Ardour 3's new MIDI and synth-plugin
features (still in beta). In this role, it served in uncovering and
fixing a number of issues and grew into something a little more
ambitious over time.

Using snyth-plugins and automation works great most of the time. Issues
are that it is too hard to try one plugin in place of another (you have
to delete the first, no way to just switch between 2 or more). There
should be automation regions, including cloning for flexible arrangement.

This is a very calfed session! The kick, bass and lead all come from
instances of Calf's Monosynth. I switched from Jammin to Calf's tripple
band compressor. I don't know if it matters in sound, but it does in
convenience.

Also several Invada LV2, SWH LV2 and Mdala plugins.

https://github.com/50m30n3/SO-KL5 provides a "piano".

Two archives are among the files available, one with the entire Ardour 3
session and another with single tracks in wavpack format. Wavpack's
wvunpack command can be used to convert them back to 32 bit float WAV
files. if you load the Ardour session, it will complain about missing
files. Chose "skip", as I removed unnecessary files manually, because
the Cleanup function has (or had) a known bug that messes up tracks with
compound regions.

I still use archive.org to host files, especially the complete session,
but added Soundcloud to get a player that will actually show up on
wordpress.com:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/music-gleshnor/
http://archive.org/details/Gleshnor
http://soundcloud.com/thorwil/sets/gleshnor

Gleshnor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
Unported License.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: