[LAU] MIDI keyboard not recognized

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 05:25:36 UTC 2012

On Monday 17 September 2012, jy wrote:
> This is my kernel version : Linux 3.2.0-23-lowlatency-pae #31-Ubuntu SMP
> PREEMPT Wed Apr 11 04:07:36 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

And here is the list of files that are installed by that package:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/i386/linux-image-3.2.0-23-lowlatency-
pae/filelist

Two observations: there is no module "usbcore.ko" for this kernel, but there
is one named "snd-seq-midi.ko". You may check if the file is missing in your
machine, or it is corrupt.

Another easy verification that you can do is: start the machine with a live
CD/DVD disk, checking lsmod before and after you plug the keyboard.

Beware that the module file name is "snd-seq-midi" (with "-"), but lsmod
prints "snd_seq_midi" (with "_").

Regards,
Pedro