[LAU] [OT] How to deactivate left clic on a touch screen

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:59:50 UTC 2012

Dear all.

Anybody knows how to deactivate the left clic event when you put your
finger on a touch screen?

The thing is that I still haven't found a way to achieve a proper
behaviour of the touch screen on my UMPC as a live music station.
Every time I put my finger on it it triggers a left clic, so when I
try to move the cursor it moves some window or clic on a button when I
want not.

I've been experimenting with drivers and even modifying xorg.conf but
didn't get to make the screen work as it should. And still don't know
how at least deactivate this behaviour, so I can move the mouse with
my finger (with no clic at all) and then use one of the two hardware
buttons (left and right clic assigned) when needed.

I mentioned this in context on a previous mail. Maybe it's not trivial
and I should ask Xorg list or something else.

Just in case, I ask to you dear folks.

Cheers.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz