[LAU] convert 32bit/96kHz Wav to flac and ogg

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Sep 21 22:16:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, September 21, 2012 2:06 pm, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:
>

>> And zita-resampler does not pull in X11 libs as sndfile-programs does.
>> (For those who care)
>>

> Fairly certain I remember sndfile-* not needing anything X11, so not sure
> why it would pull in any in your case.  I could be wrong, but that is my
> memory.
>
> Now if someone packaged it very strange I could see that happening, but
> not
> form the program itself.

Ubuntu package which should be debian redone with ubuntu libs. There are
three packages in the sndfile- set. sndfile-programs and sndfile-tools
(either one gets both) and sndfile-tools comes with a "generate
spectrograms using libfftw and libcariro. That would be the X stuff, But
it looks like the samplerate-programs, which is sndfile-resample on it's
own, does not.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net