[LAU] ABX test invite

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 11:44:18 UTC 2013

On Friday, April 5, 2013, Peder Hedlund wrote:

> Agreed the source material probably makes quite a difference. I'd imagine
> there's music that would be transparent at ~100 kbps while other might
> require ~160.
>
> As previously stated I do believe the AxelF sample is in the
> harder-to-encode region for MP3 encoders so I'm pretty sure my concentrated
> listening threshold for average music is somewhere around 130-140 kbps or
> so.

Actually I really don't think it is.  The material I mentioned will
probably be much harder on it.  And especially non-digitally recorded or
mastered material, ie things with what would normally be considered
'noise'.  Remember the 80s pop synth sound you have in that is right where
things like MP3s were developed aiming at, mainstream pop music, and right
in the right timeframe as well for mp3.  This is why my live recording of
acoustic pop makes it so obvious on the v6 setting, as it has these
components, not a large amount, but some.

    Seablade