[LAU] Nano-Basket python version issue fixed

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Apr 5 12:09:40 UTC 2013

Hi :)

some days ago somebody from this list mentioned that Nano-Basket never
worked.

It always worked for me, but today I got an issue for my new Arch Linux.

I could solve it, perhaps Roy or somebody with access to the git could
update Nano-Basket, assumed it should be an issue for many distros.

[rocketmouse at archlinux Nano-Basket]$ pacman -Q python python2 pygtk python2-pyalsa
python 3.3.0-3
python2 2.7.3-4
pygtk 2.24.0-3
python2-pyalsa 1.0.26-2
[rocketmouse at archlinux Nano-Basket]$ diff nano_basket_main.py nano_basket_main.py.original
1c1
< #!/usr/bin/env python2
---
> #!/usr/bin/env python
[rocketmouse at archlinux Nano-Basket]$ ./nano_basket_main.py.original
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./nano_basket_main.py.original", line 23, in <module>
    from nano_basket_gui import *
  File "/usr/src/Nano-Basket/nano_basket_gui.py", line 23, in <module>
    import pygtk
ImportError: No module named 'pygtk'
[rocketmouse at archlinux Nano-Basket]$ ./nano_basket_main.py

and the GUI started :), until now not tested if it works ;).

Regards,
Ralf