[LAU] ABX test invite

Peder Hedlund peder at musikhuset.org
Fri Apr 5 23:24:05 UTC 2013

Quoting James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com>:

> Thanks for posting this. I cannot tell the difference with ABX - even for
> the 108 version - so I guess either my ears are shot (quite likely) or my
> ears are not able to hear such subtleties (also quire likely)..

If you have some decent headphones you should try using those. And
listen to the 5-8s passage for some upper mid warble.

> To my mind, a slight loss of quality (invisible to my ears) is a small
> price to pay in exchange for the much smaller file size...

Nowadays size isn't a factor in most cases, but it is quite obvious
that most encoders and technologies are good enough that very few are
able to distinguish a 150 kbps encoded file from the original.

- Peder