[LAU] Somebody here using: Phasex configuration

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Apr 7 15:26:19 UTC 2013

On Sun, April 7, 2013 4:47 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> First of all I only switched from the dark to the light theme and to the
> notebook layout, to make the GUI usable, with the default settings it's
> unusable on my tower PC with a tube monitor at 1152x864. Even the light
> theme still is a PITA, some colours are still unreadable.

Yup, I confirm that, no matter what I set the preferences to, the next
time I restart, it defaults to notebook with dark theme and tiny font.
Thank you for building from source. I know where to report the bug... or
maybe the developer is just not finished yet. The easiest to use seems to
be font moved to 9 with system theme and light knobs. The dark looks nice,
but the panel is so full and the dark theme makes it looks fuller than it
is. I was able to use it on my netbook, but I think the window didn't
include everything... I'd have to look again.

> I like the sound of Phasex, but never used it. I don't remember why I
> never used it, but Perhaps I always run into this issue. I'm already
> annoyed by all those apps, were I have to manually load the settings
> after starting them by a script, but at least I can store and load
> settings for those apps. If this doesn't work, an app IMO is completely
> useless.

It does have some interesting sounds. If I want those sounds I will use
it, but I am not much of a keyboards person and so tend not to experiment
in that area as much.

It seems what has happened is that the save dialog under "file" is the
same as under "patch". In other words the preferences dialog changes
things but does not save it and the save feature under "file" which IMO
should save the preferences, saves the patch instead. Probably the
developer has just copied the the same values over and never changed to
the right ones... or just hasn't got that far yet.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net