[LAU] Ardour3/jackd: connecting MIDI in/outs ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Apr 14 20:21:46 UTC 2013

Le 14-04-2013 16:09, Paul Davis a écrit :

> run a2jmidid -e

Thanks, and thank for pointing out the manual. I found out that in
qjackctl's ALSA tab I can put the Axiom in the a2j thru channel and then
in the MIDI tab, connect the thru out to Ardour3's MIDI in. This gets
the Axiom pads to play the Hydrogen sounds, and record them in Ardour3.
Does not sound too flexible though as other HW devices can be connected,
but maybe it is, by assigning other MIDI channels that would still go
through the a2j bridging tunnel ? Hmmm...

Another interesting thing
would be to do the same, but replace Hydrogen by a hardware device. To
have Ardour3 record MIDI data from an external keyboard, playing sounds
on that external keyboard, and then the same times 3 keyboards. There is
a long drop-down list of known MIDI devices for a MIDI track. Does
Ardour3 knows about proprietary data exchanges for each of these deices
?

Thanks again, and I should be using the Ardour3 community site :-)