[LAU] Fwd: Re: Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

Nicola nicola.di.marzo at vodafone.it
Fri Apr 19 21:13:10 UTC 2013

Il 19/04/2013 19:54, Jeremy Jongepier ha scritto:
> On 04/19/2013 11:11 AM, Nicola wrote:
>> That's great, "keep it simple" i should say...that's why i think it's
>> brilliant!
>
> Keep an eye on http://ampbrownie.com/ then, it's an effort to make it
> even simpler.
I knew it, fascinating project, a little bit expensive with that sound
card...

>> yeah, that's what happened to me and i still don't know why.
>> I'll try to increase the rtprio as well, good tip, thanks!
>
> I'll have to check if I have the same issue. I don't recall running
> into a similar issue.
>
>> Maybe there's no need to install Ubuntu.
>> I found out that there are 2 apps: "Connectbot" and "X server" in the
>> market that that may do the job with android.
>> Connectbot doesn't provide the "-X" option so we should set up the
>> DISPLAY variable accordingly with the ip-port on the X server app.
>> Maybe i'm just wasting my time but i will give it a try...
>
> Ah, so you want to run the guitarix GUI on your tablet! I thought you
> wanted to control it via MIDI and some touch app. Connectbot is not an
> option, Android doesn't run X. I've never heard of the other option,
> sounds interesting, I wonder what the performance and responsiveness
> is like.
I was able to run guitarix gui on nexus7 with those 2 apps but the
result wasn't good at all.
It's ok to run xterm or that kind of simple gui stuff...
But yeah i also will look for some midi-wireless app to use it like a
controller as you suggested ;-)
We still have 2 other possible ways to try to control it with
"touch"...with gui (with ubuntu) or midi (with android or ubuntu) :-)

> Jeremy

"Happiness only real when shared"
C. J. McCandless