[LAU] S/PDIF in with ESI Juli@ and JACK

Gabbe Nord gabbe.nord at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:03:47 UTC 2013

Hello!

Thanks for the replies!

I tried some more things:

* Putting the internal clock to S/PDIF in (or, IEC958 in) and then trying
both to use the hw:Juli,1 as input, and also to connect it using zita-a2j.
Using it as input, I get crashes in both JACK and QASMixer (is there any
other mixer I should use for this purpose instead?), and it even hung so
bad (an unkillable process) that I hade to restart the computer using the
power button. Using zita-a2j, it tries to sync (instead of just spamming
syncing like it did before), but it halts instantly and says it'll retry in
15 seconds (something about a too big of a timing difference, and that this
usually happens after freewheeling in JACK1 or something like that).

I tried to do this with the internal clock set to S/PDIF, and I also tried
de-activating the "Lock rate". No success though. I did however not try the
"Lock rate"-stuff too throughly.

Anything else I should try, that I've missed?

Thanks again!