[LAU] VST on Gentoo

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Mon Aug 12 17:44:55 UTC 2013

I notice there doesn't seem to be any Vestige package in Portage, not
even in the Pro-Audio overlay, but there is FST and VST-DSSI.  What's
the typical way for Gentoo users to get VST support these days?  Never
really cared before, but I'm think of checking it out now.

Also, I notice that compiling Ardour with VST support throws up a
warning about trying to enable it on a 64-bit host being an adventure of
sorts...  Any common strategy amongst Gentoo folks for doing that?

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky