[LAU] sortof OT -- ART tube pac preamp and compressor noisy?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Aug 12 15:41:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 08:24:41AM -0700, Rusty Perez wrote:

> The preamp does not use an external power suplly transformer cube. It
> is connected to the power with a grounded cable.

Of course. But if the internal power supply isn't OK it will
generate hum.

> It goes via xlr to one of the inputs on my delta 1010lt card.
> Both computer and preamp are connected to the same power source.

You need to be more specific, nobody can help you otherwise.
The delta 1010lt has two mic inputs with XLR connectors.
Is it one of these you are using ? It is probably configured
for maximum gain and you need to change that. It's done using
jumpers on the card, see page 8 of the manual.

First try the setting marked '2A' in the manual. If you can't
get enough signal (by increasing the gain on the preamp) with
that, try '2'. If still not enough, try '1A'.

Ciao,

--
FA