[LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode002

J. Liles malnourite at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 17:03:19 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Dan MacDonald <allcoms at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you don't care what other users think of your software, why release the
> source?

Out of the goodness of their hearts. To save other people the trouble of
having to spend years developing such tools themselves. Just because one is
giving and unselfish doesn't mean one has to be pathologically subservient.

Imagine this: someone has run out of gas. Do you A) help them by giving
them a bit of gas that you already happened to have in your vehicle or B)
Give them the title to your car and walk home. Is the person who chooses
option A selfish? I don't think so. I think they're kind and giving. The
person who chooses option B is insane.