[LAU] Linux Audio podcast. episode003: commenting replies

Egor Sanin egor.sanin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 17:46:58 UTC 2013

On 8/16/13, J. Liles <malnourite at gmail.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> An interesting point. As a though experiment: pretend you are a musician;
> if someone came to you asking you to rewrite your song to better suit their
> listening needs, how would you respond?

That is a very apt and illustrative comparison. And my answer is that
you have exactly the same options as a developer of software!  The
problem is that this kind of situation is rarely black or white.  It
is always subjective.

If some brash and shallow peruser of linux expressed the same opinions
as OP, I would likely also bash that person, but from my involvement
with linux audio, I know for a fact that OP is a valuable member of
this community, and believe that he deserves more thoughtful reactions
to his opinion than "don't complain" and "do something about it."