[LAU] Cadenza for Flute and Csound Synthesizers

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Wed Aug 21 20:54:52 UTC 2013

[Fons Adriaensen]

>On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 10:38:58PM +0200, Benoît Rouits wrote:
>
>> Le 20/08/2013 14:56, Dave Phillips a écrit :
>>
>> > Old school with new tools.
>
>> Excellent. I would like to hear this with an actual flute player.
>> The Csound part is also superb. Thanks for sharing !
>
>Same here ! Made me stop work, sit back, and listen.
>
>The dodecaphonic row definitely is Berg's, but the atmosphere
>made me think of Takemitsu...

The harmony part reminded me of Mayumi Miyata first, the Sho player of
such delicate steadiness.

IMO, the synthesised flute lacks the nuance to build the kind of flow
a melody like this needs to show the true depth of the composition.
Have to agree I'd like to hear it again, best with the melody played
by an instrumentalist who can "sing it".

Tim