[LAU] 3.10-rt kernels unusable

Victor A. Stoichita vicsto at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 11:16:55 UTC 2013

Hi Ralf,

I can only confirm that 3.10.9-rt5 gives plenty xruns and frequent Ardour
crashes on my Arch install (x86_64, Asus UL30JT with i5 processor). I
didn't get the other problems you mention though, but that's probably
because I have a very light install which I only use for audio. Following a
comment by the package maintainer on AUR, I downgraded yesterday to
3.8.11-rt8. The xruns disappeared and Ardour is usable again. It did freeze
a couple of times for 2-3 secs, but no xruns and it recovered fine after
that.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll check 3.8.13-rt14 to see if it
still works for audio, and maybe solves the freeze problem too.

Cheers,
Victor