[LAU] Asus/Ubuntu/Audacity searching a reliable usb-recordig interface.

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Aug 28 08:54:05 UTC 2013

On 28.08.2013 06:36, Jose van Rooy wrote:

> Linux-friends,i hope you can help me soon with the find of my
> desperate long-time wish.
> I include here my letter in a HTML-code, because at first i mailed
> this letter to the wrong adress, so to get rid of all the headers on
> the Gmail, i found an app (BasKet Note Pads, Ubuntu)that can do that,
> but till now im' not able to get the entire visible text at-ones
> pasted into the writable Gmailbox-space, then till now i ownly know
> this HTML-method with the BasKet Note Pad.   Wish you luck in
> searching your own free spaces in life and the support to other
> good-harted people in this rude world. And thank you..

Hi,

this is the text of the mail inline. I added some formatting to ease
reading. It is still not easy to actually find out what his question is,
because it is embedded somewhere in this massive wall of text. My best
bet  is the first line of paragraph eight, plus a little more
afterwards. The following is not my text but Jose's:

Quote:

"Hallo

  i'm Jose from Holland and here is the confirmation of my membership.
The only reason for me to become a member is trying desperate to get a
real and straight answer about my strugglings on having my 30 years old
African tape-collection finally digitalised without hearable
quality-loss, because its very frustrating you can read al kinds of
misleading nonsense on the internet, but it's always impossible to get a
quick straight answer to your specific questions because nobody knows
nothing and there never shows up a telephone-number where you can ask
something to someone with robust nowledge. And when you talk about
Ubuntu it's like you're from another planet, that's because they are
stucked in their own interested selling-conspirations, because -for
example the local shops-  only want to see money and they are full of
that common cheap Windows bust-talk, swelling up theirselves and
glorificating the whole day this Social Disgrace and consealed criminal
organization called Microsoft, and when asking about Ubuntu they
'suposingly' don't know nothing about it,  these poor corrupted souls....

You can say i'm a music-freak but not someone who gathers by quantity
and 'name' even if it's awful sounding commercial music. I personally
have to like a song, otherwise i throw it without hesitating to the
trash-heap, and the music i like is for me to keep it like a pearl,
that's why i bought eight years ago the last Tascam 322 double tape-deck
that still was available on the market at that time, to secure and
perpetrate my unpriceable music-collection. A year ago i discovered the
digital world and it intrigues me, and now i know the endless advantages
of digitalising music from an analogue source. In the mean time i bought
four units of my favorite tablet -the Asus Transformer Prime tf201- in
slightly different versions. And i am also in love with my favorite
mp3-player the Sansa Fuze 4GB from Sandisc and have like ten of them,
because i fear they won't fabricate them anymore, and i doubt wether
there  will ever be ensembled a better mp3-player as the Fuze: as
society 'cheapened' day by day on this day's -in the Last Days-, and
companies forcing increasingly worse quality consumer-electronics into
the market, wich moreover are more and more heavily DRM-ized. Then like
eight months ago i bought my first laptop: an Asus B43S,  14inch,
Windows 7 Prof. XP, (x86  64bit), processor 4x Intel(R) Core(TM)
i5-2520M  CPU at 2.50 GHZ, and someone putted Ubuntu too on my laptop and
now with the latest version: Ubuntu 13.04 , linux
3.8.0-29-generic(x86_64), Default C Compiler: GNU C compiler version 4.7.3.

Using Ubuntu i must say i got hooked on the Audacity-app in the coarse
of time. So, after getting familiar with Audacity in the end i
discovered the method of converting my tapes with this music-app, but my
gladness was short in time because i noticed at a certain moment that my
recordings with Audacity were all in mono and not in stereo. I verified
the cable but wasn't the problem, then i focused on my laptop and found
out that my Asus is equiped only with a misserable little 3,5 mm mono
mic line-in jack. Then i searched on internet wich confirmed my previous
thoughts: meaning that Gates-Microsoft, bribes the laptop-manufacturers
to not ensemble stereo-plugins into the laptops. Further on i discovered
the existance of de usb-recording interface or usb-soundcart with a
stereo mic line-in connection or another name for it: an A/D-converter
(analogue to digital).

And here is the point of my question: a few days ago i bought the 'Forte
Focusrite' because the seller told me it was the best A/D-converter in
it's class. I bought it too because he assured me i would not be stucked
to some kind of website to depend on it, after insistingly asking him
about this point.  A time before, i bought 4 ion-tapeconverters thinking
by myself wat an easy solution it was to get my tapes digitalised. But
short after installing the tapeconverter-program i saw the cheeky
  misleading of this ion-tapeconverter, and noticed what kind of an
ingenious elaborated filthy trap it was from Apple (i-tunes): a set-up
in combination -of coarse- with the vulgar entertainment-industry: it is
insulting  because you don't even own your converted-to-mp3-tape-music,
given that your tapes are converted into mp3-files together with some
DRM-code; so you can't play your converted tape-songs on a random
mp3-player,  and the only manner to listen your own songs on the street
would be by purchasing an apple ipod, that evidently is designed to
neutralize the DRM-code, so with an ipod only you are able to listen to
your converted tape-music if you wish to take your music outside on the
street. And too, {in the mean time} you have to 'swallow' all the filthy
commercials of this criminal entertainment-maffia during your steps and
moves and handlings while being on the 'itunes-site' navigating and so on.

When i became aware of the  sofisticated-hidden engineered -and huge
controlled design of this site with it's malicious premeditated
camouflaged manipulation, i didn't doubt a second to delete immediately
this awful disgusting nightmare-environment. But that is easyer said
then done and needs some focused search-efforts, because like a
tenacious trojanhorse-virus it is very hard to erradicate: to say that
all the remote corners of your operating-system resulted in being
infected by all kinds of Apple-files; you wouldn't expect it ( talking
about this filthy-sneaky invisible Apple settler-infiltration on de
hard-disk of your computer) but it's true: after the itunes
online-download is completed and some further on in time, you'll have
automatically and invisibly -in reality- a whole new OS
(operating-system) on your computer installed, namely Apple-OS !

Yeah.., in my whole remaining live, i will never ever want to hear or
see, nor to cope with anything that has to do with Apple, i hate this
fake-built hot-headed, maked-up and camouflaged money-machine sect, and
Microsoft belongs to about the same strain: so-called proud of the
worthless trash they release each time -along with their vain
presumption and their forced rigid fake theatrical plastic smiles, wich
with invisible super-glue is stucked to -and hosted on their artifcially
polished-up audace built-in cheeks, as secretive cheeky cunning shrewd
cheaters as they are. The word Garbage sounds much too euphemistic
reminding these double-tongued subjects. So when the seller of the Forte
Focusrite said that i would not be stucked -and depend on a site of the
A/D-converter brand-, i didn't doubt to purchase the converter, but some
time later connecting the gadget at home, i saw immediately that he
didn't told me the truth.

So now i have this gadget at home, and now i see it is designed for
compatibility with the Apple/Microsoft operating systems: i will not
even try to get it work on Ubuntu-Audacity because i know this
sound-card is heavily conditioned, restricted, DRM-ized...  It's
something like the previous told story about the ion-tape converter. And
even with Windows i know it will stagger and hamper, and i'm sick of al
the interested greed and misleadings, caused by invisable and
pre-meditated engineerd sabotages, DRM's, staggerings and skipping
failures, because the whole internet today is for 99.999% one big DRM,
full of controls and behind-the-curtain-manipulations, so i won't try to
make this soundcard work on windows too. And this is my desperate
question: can somebody from linuxaudio.org indicate me what
usb-soundcard i'll exactly need for my purpose?, the  brand and the
exact serie-number/name of the soundcard; and if not easy available,
where to get it? My only purpose is a normal high-quality A/D
  conversion with no necessity to have more than one stereo-input. I
mean i don't need extreme studio-quality sound but i don't want hearable
quality-loss either,  so i will store the converted music always with
lossles flac and 320 Kbp/s CBR mp3. And i'll only work with my favourite
app Audacity/Ubuntu on my Asus B43S-laptop (X86  64bit).

So i want a simple, robust and quallity usb recording sound-card that
you always can rely on so the quality-build can generate a confidential
trust in time knowing that it works always and flawless after the same
connecting-handlings each time (like the gadget becomes a trusted part
of you after a while) and not having to depend on stress-full and
disturbing handlings like drivers, updates and other demoralising kind
of nail-biting uneasy botched jobs. If what i ask is not fabricated
anymore, than i will look for a second hand sound-card from the
indicated soundcard in question; because i don't care if it's old or
works slow, the important thing to me is that the soundcard works, and
that it does his job stable and well, converting analogue music into
high quality digitalised music.

And about the purchase-costs: if it can be for 600 dollar is oke, but if
you say the 1000 dollar-one is really worthwhile -'you have to have it'
!-  than there is for me no doubt, then i'm forced to kook some more
basic and ingenious dishes for a while, and buy less luxurious food, but
still: without pesticides, it can be and must be, because i hate
chemicals. It all will not be a problem to me for having a quallity
A/D-converter. So., again.. asking you my question was the reason to
become a member, otherwise perhaps i wouldn't had been able to pose my
question with a possible corresponding answer from your part, because i
don't know if you need the membership to pose questions. I thank you for
hearing me. I don't know from wich angle i can expect an answer to my
question about the usb-soundcard, and maybe it is nessecary to reach the
members of the consortium list with my question, therefor after sending
this email i'll put this mail in the 'send forward-mode' and will use
the header of consortium at list.linuxaudio.org, so this email will reach
the list-members, who (probably debating inbetween them -i don't know
the proceedings by linuxaudio.org-) may come to a conclusive answer to
my question.

  If it is possible i would like to have an answer in 5 days because
that is the time left inwich i  can return this Forte Focusrite to the
store, and use the amount for buying other items instead, because they
won't give the money back; then i practically 'loss' the money, unless i
know the brand-name and serie-name/number of my following soundcard, so
they can order it,  and all would turn out positive for me (if they can
obtain the card from their providers);  otherwise i would need the full
amount for a new soundcard buying it elswhere, and borrowing something
from my sisters. I thank you.., and i will wait for your respons.

Jose.*"

End of quote.