[LAU] MOD web-ui

Bruno Gola brunogola at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 14:30:16 UTC 2013

hi hermann,

it's still in really alpha stage to run mod-ui on your desktop, but
let me see if I can help you.

i just cloned the source code from github and followed the README

then I started

$ mod-host -v  # (-v to have some feedback on what's going on)

went back to the mod-ui dir  (just cloned and configured following the
README) and did:

$ . modui-env/bin/activate
$ export MOD_DEV_ENVIRONMENT=0 MOD_CONTROLLER_INSTALLED=0
MOD_DEVICE_WEBSERVER_PORT=8888 MOD_PLUGIN_LIBRARY_DIR=~/.lv2/
MOD_HTML_DIR=html/
$ ./server.py

 pointed my chromium webbrowser  to http://localhost:8888/ and voila :)

this should work fine. oh, if you did install any plugins from the
cloud server (using the search box and clicking on the 'all' radio
button), please delete your dados/ directory (inside the mod-ui/
directory) before trying again.

i'm sorry it's not that clear or easy, but we were not expecting any
desktop users by now and are in a rush to send our first MOD units :)

i hope it works for you, if not, let me now :)

Bruno Gola <brunogola at gmail.com>
http://bgo.la/ | +55 11 9-5552-3599