[LAU] MOD web-ui

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Wed Aug 28 17:18:32 UTC 2013

Hi Bruno

Yep, that helps a lot, export the environment variables was what I
missing, now I get effect ports in jackd, which I could connect, and get
sound. Only, I wasn't able to set values for the controllers, not in the
main frame, nor in the "details" frame.
It works for selectors (could set selection and it works), but didn't
for knobs/sliders (no reaction in UI nor in sound).

Am 28.08.2013 16:30, schrieb Bruno Gola:
> hi hermann,
>
> it's still in really alpha stage to run mod-ui on your desktop, but
> let me see if I can help you.
>
> i just cloned the source code from github and followed the README
>
> then I started
>
> $ mod-host -v  # (-v to have some feedback on what's going on)
>
> went back to the mod-ui dir  (just cloned and configured following the
> README) and did:
>
> $ . modui-env/bin/activate
> $ export MOD_DEV_ENVIRONMENT=0 MOD_CONTROLLER_INSTALLED=0
> MOD_DEVICE_WEBSERVER_PORT=8888 MOD_PLUGIN_LIBRARY_DIR=~/.lv2/
> MOD_HTML_DIR=html/
> $ ./server.py
>
>   pointed my chromium webbrowser  to http://localhost:8888/ and voila :)
>
> this should work fine. oh, if you did install any plugins from the
> cloud server (using the search box and clicking on the 'all' radio
> button), please delete your dados/ directory (inside the mod-ui/
> directory) before trying again.
>
> i'm sorry it's not that clear or easy, but we were not expecting any
> desktop users by now and are in a rush to send our first MOD units :)
Hey, hey, mod-host with the mod-ui web-interface is straight forward, I
can't believe that I'm the first who try it out??? It reminds me on
jost, but the Interface looks sooooo cooool, man, great work. I could
imagine a lot of fun for me to play with it around, (if I get it to
work). However, I fully understand that your focus is on the embedded MOD.
So, I can wait.