[LAU] question related output level and sound card

Djého Youn ydjeho at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 08:56:49 UTC 2013

Thanks for the replies.

ok, if it's not the problem of my headphone out but the settings of the
club, then it's all fine.
there were two mixers. Main console and small Yamaha in between. so it's
possible something went wrong...although it's still a mystery for me that
my signal didn't hit the peak on this yamaha mixer, with the max input gain
set.
maybe the mixer was broken?

thanks for the info on art dual tube card. it seems like a good choice if I
buy one anyway.
@Len,
one more question about this card, is it possible to have two stereo outs
while using a one microphone in?
now I'm not sure that I'll buy it for solve the output level problem, but I
probably want to integrate a microphone to use my voice to modulate some
signals.
and in that case, it must work the mono mic input and stereo outs
simultaneously.

one more thing is that I was using my old thinkpad on my live set I've
mentioned, and now I have brand new ideapad.
and I've noticed that ideapad headphone out is much softer than thinkpad,
when I use headphone to watch movies...etc.
so, it is not totally ignorable the output of each laptops. maybe I just go
ahead and buy this art card, in worst case it's not helping,
I can maybe use it as preamp. as it has inserts that can be used as preamp
direct output...as far as what I've understood on their signal diagram.

finally, nobody mentioned on mini-desktop compressor solution that I've
suggested..
http://www.thomann.de/pl/fmr_audio_rnc_1773.htm

somebody has things like that on their sets? do you think it can help?

--
Jae Ho YOUN

http://jhyoun.wordpress.com/
http://jaehoyoun.com