[LAU] Sound card for recording guitar

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 20 10:16:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 09:17 +0100, Roberto Suárez Soto wrote:
> I'm having a few issues with Pulseaudio, but it was the last
> working configuration.

> So, if you see something obviously stupid in this configuration

Yes, it's stupid that pulseaudio has got impact to audio productions.
Disable it when doing audio productions, or if you don't need it, remove
it. Assumed it should be a hard dependency, you could install a dummy
package, faking that pulseaudio is installed.

The jackd settings are ok, resp. 48000 Hz is a better choice for
production than 44100 Hz are. It's more interesting whats the output of

rtirq status

is ;). Are there shared IRQs, are the priorities ok?

Regards,
Ralf