[LAU] A2J-MIDI Bridge error

Kevin Utter kvutter at frii.com
Fri Dec 20 17:37:06 UTC 2013

Hi all!  I'm still having XRUN difficulties when recording using MIDI input to a softsynth.  Along with the  "*** Alsa XRUN" error message, I also consistently get this message from a2j-midid:

ERROR: a2j_process_incoming: threw away MIDI event - not reserved at time 13248047

Can anyone explain what this error means?  I was advised that A2J-MIDI-Bridge might be better than using Jack's seq mode, and it seems to work fine as long as I'm not recording audio at the same time.  I may be incorrectly suspecting A2J, but thought it might be worth asking about.

Thanks much.

Kevin