[LAU] [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 22:57:26 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Edward Diehl <diehl at umich.edu> wrote:
> Concerning this comment about the Focusrite Saffire 24:
>
>> As a Focusrite Saffire 24 user who needs to start JACK twice every
>> time and, since Ubuntu 12.10, restart every 30 minutes, I'd think
>> before recommending it to a Linux user :) Absolutely love their
>> hardware and their attitude to clients though.
>
> The "start Jack twice" problem has been fixed for several months and if you
> build ffado SVN 2260 or greater you will also get the improved version of
> the mixer

I have 2.0.99+svn2019-1ubuntu4 here. Building FFADO would mean
building JACK, and that would lead to a chain of rebuilds I'd rather
not do. Although, maybe Kxstudio PPA already took care of that.

> (see: http://www.premiumorange.com/la-page-web-of-phil).

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see there. If you are referring to
the podcast, je ne parlais pas francais tres bien :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org